Seeing a distracted driver while you are on the road is a common occurrence. According to the NHTSA 3,142 people were killed in 2019 by distracted drivers. Unfortunately, these numbers are only going to increase.
In April I dedicated my blogs to distracted driving. I hope you found the information informative and useful. My goal was to provide information that could keep you and your family safe. Please continue to use the information I shared all year round with your family and friends.
Below is a compilation of links that provides tips on preventing distracted driving, as well as some devices/apps that could be useful for your friends and family.
1. West Bend – Young Drivers Program
2. Michigan Auto Law – This You Tube video shows how driving distracted is like driving blind.
3. CNN – Anderson Cooper and CNN show what happens when you take your eyes off the road. On average people texting take their eyes off the road for five seconds.
4. Car and Driver and the Driver Rehab team shows people how dangerous distracted driving is. Will they be considered road safe after participating in this program?
5. Mashable.com – Shares five apps that can help prevent texting and driving.
6. Glee Distracted Driving PSA
Do you have any tips or related information you’d like to share? I’d love to hear from you; please share them in the box below.