My name is Scott Stueber and I'm a marketing services specialist at West Bend where I've worked for more than 16 years. I'm a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, and the proud father of two girls ages 16 and 11.
As the temperatures drop and colder seasons approach, many of us enjoy sitting by a cozy fire with our family and friends. To me there’s nothing like a toasty fire on a snowy winter night.
Before the snow flies, however, it’s important to make sure your chimney is clean and ready for those fall and winter fires.
If your fireplace is a wood burning fireplace, you should be careful of creosote buildup. Creosote is a residue that travels up your chimney and builds up on your flue over time. In fact, some creosote builds up every time a wood burning fireplace is lit. If that residue isn’t properly cleaned out, the chance of a fire igniting in your chimney increases. Many consider a creosote fire in the chimney one of the most dangerous fires a homeowner can experience; it can spread quickly and severely damage or destroy your entire home within minutes.
Here is some information you need to know about wood burning fires.
Allowed tags: <a> link, <b> bold, <i> italics
© 2013 www.thesilverlining.com