YMCAs, YWCAs, and other community organizations provide invaluable services to their communities. These facilities are often a main gathering point in their neighborhoods, providing everything from exercise classes to swimming lessons to summer camp for kids. These organizations cater to patrons of all ages, from infants all the way up to the elderly. Many Ys have pools where community members can learn water safety skills. All these things combine to create highly unique and specialized insurance needs. West Bend has years of experience providing insurance for YMCAs and our independent agents know what Ys need.
YMCA insurance coverage highlights
In addition to typical business liability and property coverages, here are just a few of the specialized coverages we offer for YMCAs and similar organizations:
- Professional Liability Coverage-Community Recreation and Fitness Facilities covers advising members on their fitness or nutritional needs.
- Sports Participant Legal Liability covers organizations if an injured participant sues despite having signed a waiver.
- Abuse and Molestation coverage provides coverage for the organization in the case of an abuse allegation.
- Membership Discrimination coverage will protect the organization from discrimination claims regarding their membership practices.
- Counseling Professional Liability covers claims that may arise from support and social work.
We know YMCAs and other community organizations have complex and sometimes difficult to handle claims. Our dedicated claims adjusters have decades of experience handling these sensitive claims and we even have a YMCA-specific claims hotline available 24/7. Our loss control team also has many years of expertise in working with Ys and is available for staff training and safety audits. We have loss control representatives located in many different areas throughout the country, so they can provide in-person services to YMCAs. Contact your independent agent to check out everything West Bend can offer your organization.
This article is intended for general educational and illustrative purposes only and should not be construed to communicate legal or professional advice. Further, this article is not an offer to sell insurance. Please consult with your licensed insurance agent for specific coverage details and your insurance eligibility. All policies are subject to the terms, conditions, limitations, definitions, and exclusions contained therein.