In the News
If you search Google for ‘dryer fire business’, you’ll see news stories like these. Last month, in Petaluma, California, a fire that began in a clothes dryer caused $10,000 in damage at a uniform store. In February, a weekend fire that originated in a dryer caused extensive damage to a laundry business in Aberdeen, South Dakota. In 2014, a fire at an Australian day spa started when oily towels left in a hot dryer spontaneously combusted. More than 20 firefighters worked to contain the fire and the damage cost approximately $200,000. Here’s information on the safe storage and disposal of oily rags.