"The paneled door on the attractive new red brick building on the corner of Sixth Avenue and Poplar Street, new headquarters for the West Bend Mutual Fire Insurance Company's home office, will swing wide at three o'clock tomorrow afternoon," reported the West Bend Daily News in November of 1940.
Our second home featured walnut and leather furniture, paneled walls, and soft blue-green walls and carpeting. Pictures of our founding fathers, Samuel S. Barney, Patrick O'Meara, and Charles Leins were proudly displayed in the lobby. This 5,000 square foot building still stands in West Bend today.
As we celebrate our 125th anniversary, we love sharing old photos and stories of our history. Here's to the next 125 years!