It’s the most wonderful time of the year! For retailers that means the busiest season of all! Retailers, you know your foot traffic is off the charts right now. In addition to keeping the shelves stocked and the registers manned, good housekeeping will prevent trips/slips/falls on your premises.
A way to protect your business is with Medical Payments coverage. This coverage is typically included with your commercial general liability policy. Medical payments coverage pays regardless of fault; it’s a good-will offering if a customer is injured at your store.
The frequency of these types of claims may increase your insurance premiums in the long run so here are some tips to keep these claims to a minimum:
- Keep aisles as wide as possible and free from debris.
- Clean up spills/tracked-in water immediately and post warning signs while floors are wet.
- Use adequately-insured contractors for snow/ice removal and require them to submit a certificate of insurance.
- Maintain a snow/ice removal log.
- If someone does fall, take pictures of the accident site.
Talk to your independent insurance agent today about West Bend Insurance and the many ways it can help protect your business!
Commercial Underwriter - Indiana
View Julie's Profile